Alternative nitrogen management strategies and nitrous oxide emissions from coastal watersheds and marshes
- Vinka Oyanedel-Craver, University of Rhode Island
- Jose Amador, University of Rhode Island
- Rebecca Brown, University of Rhode Island
- James McCaughey, Narragansett Bay Commission
- Caitlin Chaffee, Coastal Resource Management Council
About This Project
This project combines expertise in the biological sciences, engineering, and policy to measure nitrous oxide from a waste water treatment plant (Field's Point) and on-site wastewater treatment systems in the Narragansett Bay watershed to identify sources and evaluate alternative nitrogen management strategies, including removal and recovery methods, for coastal communities.